IntelliSurvey’s first installment in its “Life in the Time of COVID-19” online survey series,...
IntelliSurvey’s “Life in the Time of COVID-19” survey series began on March 27, 2020, with an online survey administered to a representative sample of adults in the United States. The series was created in order to track the attitudes and behaviors of Americans that are occurring as a result of the COVID-19 outbreak in the U.S.
The initial survey covers a broad range of question areas, some of which include:
- Which public figures and organizations do you trust to provide honest and accurate COVID-19 information?
- How do you feel about the state of the world today and in the future?
- What information sources do you use to stay informed about developments related to COVID-19?
- Have you personally been tested for COVID-19?
- If so, what were the results of the test? If not, why haven’t you gotten tested?
- Are you purchasing more food/necessities than you typically do as a result of COVID-19?
- What are your top concerns today?
- How often do you comply with “social distancing” or staying at least 6 feet away from anyone outside of your family circle?
Among those covered in questions on accurate and honest information are organizations such as the Centers for Disease Control (CDC), the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases (NIAID), and the World Health Organization (WHO); public figures such as Dr. Anthony Fauci, and Dr. Deborah Birx; politicians such as Donald Trump, Mike Pence, Nancy Pelosi, Charles Schumer, Joe Biden, Bernie Sanders, and Mitch McConnell; and media figures such as Lester Holt, Chuck Todd, Chris Wallace, Sean Hannity, and Tucker Carlson.
One significant finding from the first survey indicates that overall, just over half (55%) of all participants are currently always complying with “social distancing.” Not surprisingly, fewer young adults aged 18-24 always comply, while higher numbers of those in the older age cohorts (55-64 and 65+) are consistently compliant. It will be interesting to see how, if at all, these numbers change in the coming weeks.
Social distancing compliance, by age group
IntelliSurvey will be releasing results of the initial and subsequent surveys in the coming days and weeks.
Subscribe to our Monthly Newsletter
During a health crisis like the COVID-19 outbreak, people seek honest and accurate information...
Since the end of March, 2020, IntelliSurvey has conducted 13 surveys in its ‘Life in the Time of...